- Departmental administrators should have access to their own department’s reports plus their college’s reports plus the university reports.
- College administrators should have access to the reports of all of the departments of their college plus their college’s reports plus the university reports.
- Some university administrators should have access to all reports.
- Other college officials may have access only to the university and college reports.
- All members of the Notre Dame community (with a valid NetID) will have access to some information.
Policies and Procedures for Extending Access Privileges to the Institutional Research Website
The Office of Strategic Planning & Institutional Research is charged with maintaining the access structure. The overall objective is to balance appropriate levels of useful access and proper security. CIF Report access is handled separately.
For the purposes of delineating the access policies, the distinction is made between those who have access by position (chairs, deans, etc.) and those who have access by extension.
Someone who currently has access by position may extend his or her access. The request to extend access must come by e-mail (see below) from a person who currently has access by position. The request should identify by name and NetID the person to whom access privileges are being extended. Please note that a person who has access by extension may not extend access to anyone else.
The requester (i.e., one who has access by position) agrees to the following:
- To take responsibility for the use of the information by the person to whom access has been extended
- To notify the Office of Strategic Planning & Institutional Research immediately if the person to whom access has been extended leaves his or her current position
When a person who has access by position leaves that position, his or her access is discontinued. Since that person assumed responsibility for all extensions, those extensions are discontinued as well. The new person assuming the position (e.g., the new department chair) decides anew whether and to whom access may be extended.
If you have any questions about this policy or to extend your access to someone else, email us.
Policy written October 7, 1996.