The Office of Strategic Planning & Institutional Research (OSPIR) was launched in July 2009, though many of the functions performed by the office have been in place at Notre Dame for many years (e.g., institutional research, academic program review).
Provide accurate, insightful, and accessible central support, information, research and analysis for the University of Notre Dame’s strategic planning and reporting efforts.
Become trusted strategic advisors, analysts, and partners to the University’s senior academic and administrative leaders as we strive to fulfill Notre Dame’s distinctive mission.
- Design and coordinate the University’s strategic planning process, assess progress toward the University’s strategic goals, and interpret strategic information for the University’s senior executives
- Serve as a central coordinator, facilitator, and consulting resource for colleges, divisions, departments, and institutes in creating their strategic plans
- Collect, analyze, and submit University-wide corporate data for external reporting and rankings agencies
- Define, warehouse, analyze, and distribute University corporate and external comparative data for internal reporting in collaboration with senior leaders and OIT
- Design, administer, and analyze surveys of Notre Dame constituents for internal assessment
- Administer, analyze and publish information associated with student feedback on Notre Dame courses